Welcome to Container Pro!
Our goal is to be your number one resource for everything and all things container related. With access to dozens of suppliers we can get you the best container at the best price and also provide modification services and accessories to suite your specific needs. If your new to the world of shipping containers make sure to check out the blog to see what people are doing with them.
Frequently Asked Container Questions:
1. How much do they cost?
- Container prices vary depending on supply and demand, as well as the actual condition of the container. Please contact us for pricing.
2. How much is shipping? is it included?
- Shipping rates vary depending on distance, container size, equipment needed and is not included. We work with several trucking companies and strive to get you the best rate for your new container. Trucking rates vary between $90/hr to $150/hr depending.
3. Containers are awesome! Can I put one in my back yard?
- Yes and No. This is a bit of a grey area with city bylaws. If you're using it for storage like a shed then it falls under "sheds" and technically should not take up more then 10sq meters (108 sq/ft) before theres an issue. Some clients have talked to the city and the city has said it falls under a bin classification so as long as work/renovations were being done it was ok. Basically if it isn't an eyesore you shouldn't have a problem so get one thats a neutral color and is in good shape.
4. What sizes do they come in?
- There is quite a variety, but the most common sizes are 10', 20', 40', 45's which are all 8' wide and come in standard 8'6" height or "High Cube" sizes which are 9'6" height. The larger 48's and 53's usually only come as high cubes and are also an extra 6" wide making them ideal for vehicle and boat storage.
* DD stands for double doors - doors at each end.
5. What condition are they? Are they wind and water tight?
A lot of companies try to use a grading system for containers but someones grade "A" maybe be someones grade "C" and likewise. We at Container Pro sell only good quality used containers that are wind and water tight with good doors and seals. Keep in mind, due to the stacking nature and rough environment a used container will have sratches on the corner posts, and a few dents and dings.